click pic for Facebook

Wednesday 28 July 2010

Queen of Hoxton_190210...

Whoa...my first proper gig!! I have only fond memories of this night and the frantic lead up to it!! After someone (I forget who now) compared my style to a cross between Lady Gaga and Missy Elliot I designed a dress that I knew would work perfectly for Ashleigh Ashely's 1st appearance! It was my mum who brought this design to life - we discovered that we actually work quite well together without pulling each others hair out lol - so part of the 2weeks leading up to this gig I was back a forth fitting and amending the design until this little number was born:


Shoes - Torn Skull by Iron Fist.

I'd only had experience singing to backing track, or with the odd house band on the open mic circuit so working with musicians for the first time was definitely a massive challenge! Especially since we only met them 3weeks and 3rehearsals before the big night - GOD knows how we pulled it off lol...but we did! The night was a London Fashion week party hosted by Random Magazine @ the Queen of Hoxton, Shoreditch! And might I say the atmosphere was amazing!! I met Miss Bleu Mae and her band Fleur di Lis amongst other bands playing on the night:


Me and Bleu Mae, Fleur di Lis

Here are a couple of vids from the night..looking back on it it's...OH so RAW! :D







No comments:

Post a Comment