click pic for Facebook

Wednesday 27 July 2011

EP_ic:...

There have been quite a few new developments in the Ashleigh Ash camp! I've been making some real positive steps with management duo Lucid Tiger and documentary director Mark Goldie is happily observing as the plot continues to thicken!

I've worked with a lot of producers over the last two years, most notably Proximas, Jonathon Hockley, JK Jr, Composure, Red Skull, Romariyah Records and 43 and Wizard! These guys are all amazing talents and I've learned a lot from working with their energy. It has come to light though, that my eclectic production sound translates to one streamlined sound live - Rock'n'Soul! And Ashleigh Ashley is all about that Rock'n'Soul! So when it came to making a decision about how I go about recording my EP it was difficult, but it seemed only natural to take it to the band!

A great reference to the kind of 'sound' I'm wanting to create!

I took the band: Joel Keys, Kieran Bass, Tobias Drums and Gibbi Guitar out for lunch at TGI's last Friday to see if they were up for making this happen with me! I was well nervous...and nearly late lol, but once we were seated and munching on our first round of Jack Daniels wings my heart-rate had returned to normal! Seeing them all with out their instruments in tow was kind of like seeing the Ninja Mutant Turtles without their shells lol!

I've never done this before but I've got big dreams for this EP and I hoped my enthusiasm was infectious as we discussed plans for rehearsing, recording and shooting vids for it! Part of me was/is always conscious of the fact that these boys all have lives and dreams of their own and asking them to commit their time on my minuscule budget is quite a big deal! A second portion of Jack Daniels wings was DEF in order *gulp* lol!

Now for the crunch, which felt strangely like proposing to a long-term love: Joel, Keir, Gibbs, Tobias....will you partake-th of this adventure with me....?

WATCH THIS SPACE!!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment