click pic for Facebook

Sunday 19 June 2011

Wired @ Shoreditch House:...

Although many might find it strange for me to call myself a 'new girl', my near 2year presence on the music scene is but a drop in the ocean by industry standards! Though of course I'm working towards a title that carries a bit more weight I quite like being a 'newbie' lol! I love the fact that I can still be inspired by voices on the underground scene, I'm still not bored of trekking to the ends of the Metropolitan Line to get a studio fix, and there are still magical untapped music events for me to discover :D! I attended one such event on the 13th June:


WIRED is a music showcase that's been right under my nose all this time in a venue MADE for all things trendy, luxurious, and entertaining - Shoreditch House - and in a room aptly named the Biscuit Tin! On the first Monday of every month organiser Kate Bond and host Duke make a real charasmatic pair bringing you some of London's finest independent talent!

Kate Bond


This chica had a beautiful soulful voice and boy could she hit them high notes. But what struck me was how intimate it felt to hear her...excellent sound, the lounge chairs adding that homely touch, and enough people to start a mosh pit lol...it was a really hot way of being serenaded!


My boy Shakka! UK's answer to John Ledgend...Wired soooo got it right having him in to entertain! Check out more of this guy here: SHAKKA

Duke - smashing a Prince cover!


Bring on the Brass!

I definitely recommend this night to all...though it is guestlist only so you might have to do your research to get in there! It was nice to see familar faces like Ayo @ We Plug Good Music and my dep keys player Jonathon lol, as well genius vocalist Steven Tart to mention a few! Good times in Shoreditchland lol!!

Not wanting to miss out on the another amazing night that night...I also snuck over to Style and Substance @ the Queen of Hox - hosted by my lovely ladies Sistova! I arrived just in time to catch the end of an amazing dance/spoken word performance...who says these nights can't be multi-platform ay!!
If you know of any other nights that AA and co. should check out...HOLLAAAA! HERE!

@sh.x

No comments:

Post a Comment