click pic for Facebook

Sunday 5 June 2011

Gig-geddy Gig-geddy part 2: PROUD...

The next 'Camden Night' to remember came when Ashleigh Ashley did Proud Galleries on the 31st May!! Ok...so you know I've got this hit-list of venues that I REALLY want to play? - well Proud Galleries was one of them! As an internationally renowned music venue, and a place where everyone from Katy B - to Mark Ronson has played before making the big time, it's a must have on any artist musical CV!

I got a call from a young lady called Secretta from UPRISE while shopping for a job in town (thanx Greg ;). This charity organisation has stirred somewhat of a revolution with their cool brand of anti-racist fesitival!! I'm sure we've all attended local fete's for this cause when we were younger, but these guys do it bigger and better with their Finsbury Park festival of 2010 attracting thousands of people! When Secretta asked if I'd be up for performing at their next fund-raiser gig, dedicated to Gil Scott-Heron, I JUMPED at the chance!!

I was sooo excited to play PROUD that I made a new Metal Man chest piece especially for the occasion (above)! And as for the boys (JoelKeys, KieranBass, GibbiGuitar, TobiasDrums), well I had 4 little surprises up my sleeve for them, courtesy of FLY53 :D!
It was a manic soundcheck...but once we were finally free to chill me and the boys went for a good old pub dinner at the local Wetherspoons. It was nice to be able to chill with them outside a music setting...it really made me appreciate them all the more, and was a perfect opportunity to tell them how grateful I am for their massive support over the last 6months especially! It also gave them the opportunity to give me a reassuring kick up the ass lol - we didn't have time to rehearse for this gig either and with a new song in the set I was quaking in my hi-tops lol! Oh well...show must go ON!! And what a show it was:

GibbiGuitar and TobiasDrums fooling around.

JoelKeys getting some AA lurrrve lol

KieranBass looking all majestic n shniiz lol!

I had a craazy night! Massive shout out to my boys Cynikal and Random Impulse who also blessed the mic on the night! Thanx to Paul and Secretta from Uprise and to all that came down to support - Jukebox and Braver Darker especially hehe!!
And Jonathon Hockley...you're a G for taking all these amazing pictures (for more pics see HERE)

@sh.x

No comments:

Post a Comment