click pic for Facebook

Friday 4 May 2012

Retrospective: Gossip

So most of you know Ashleigh Ashley 'does Music'...and more of you still know that making music is an expensive business unless you're spending someone elses money lol! Anyway to pay the bills and fund my crazy music making schemes I work in video production and a recent job saw me working for Black Dog (a music video divsion of Tony/Ridley Scotts production company RSA Films) on a production for the Gossip.


We shot in an old disused boarding school OFF of endz lol, an enchanting/labyrinth-like building that looked liked it belonged in the Hogwarts. I would have explored the entire place if hadn't of been for the "Beware Asbestos" barriers lol. My main job for the day was making sure the band and the dancers got to and from set when they needed to (a 2nd AD of sorts) so of course I adopted my best American accent and 'chilled' with team Ditto and the Glam Sqaud lol!


Working with a band that have essentially done all the things that I'd like to achieve in my music career was enlightening...and for a second it was easy to visualize what my life could be like if I keep on my grind! Seeing shoots come together has always amazed me and I felt the dancers/costumes and location completely nailed the spirit of the song.  Well done to Director Price James for getting it just right hehe, I only just got round to seeing the results...

   

 There's more to the day of course...but if you want to know about that you're gona have to check out the Gossip's behind the scenes video *slow smile* HERE

@sh.x

No comments:

Post a Comment